There's no better way to complete your log cabin, mountain lodge, or rustic country home than equipping it with exquisitely crafted, high-quality rustic log furniture. Your home deserves log furniture as magnificent as the forests that gave each piece of wood its unique character. Rocky Mountain Cabin Decor is your one-stop log furniture store, offering a huge selection of hand-crafted log beds, log tables, log chairs, log armoires, and more. You'll find a wide selection of woods and styles, from gorgeous cedar and pine to high-quality restored barn wood. We have all the log furniture you need to satisfy your rustic bedroom, bathroom, living and dining room requirements.
Timeless Rustic Log Furniture
Folks that love the outdoors and the traditional comforts of rustic living have a discerning eye for superior log furniture and home furnishings. Rocky Mountain Cabin Decor is equally discriminating when it comes to our wonderful collection of finely crafted cedar, pine, and aspen log furniture.
A Guide to Buying Log Furniture
Over the years, log furniture has become very popular for its durability, strength and aesthetic appeal. Besides creating a very natural and rustic ambience in a room, log furniture is also known to promote physical and mental well-being. Log furniture is made of whole logs and uses a minimal amount of metal in its manufacture. Furniture for every purpose and room is available in log wood. From the kitchen to the backyard, it is available as beds, tables, chairs, night stands and a lot more.
Before buying log furniture, there are a few things you need to know that will ensure you a quality buy.Log furniture is made from lumber, which exists in three main forms. The strength and durability of furniture depends on the hardness of the lumber it is made from.
Softwood, the first type, is commonly derived from trees like the red wood, larch, pine, fir and cedar. These woods are ideal for home construction. However, they absorb and release moisture, making them less stable and durable than a hardwood.
Trees like oak, cherry, poplar, ash, walnut, maple and birch come under the hardwood genus. This is the second state in which lumber exists. Though it is known for its endurance, it is not a favourite with many manufacturers.
Plywood and manufactured sheets
The last type of timber is plywood. This is usually used as surfacing material and is known for its strength. It is available in the market in sheets of varying thickness.
Once you’ve selected the right wood, you are one step closer to choosing great furniture. However, there are still some things you have to look out for.
· Know what you want- It is very important for you to have a clear idea of the kind of furniture you are looking for. Even though log wood is known for its rustic look, it comes in a variety of designs and you should choose one that best suits your décor.
· Check out as big a variety as possible- Log furniture is available in a variety of designs, woods and pieces. Browse through as many pieces as possible to ensure you make the absolutely right choice for your home.
· Buy to suit your décor- Every piece of log furniture is a unique form of art. There are no two identical pieces of log furniture and choosing the right one can take time. It is advisable to go through as many designs as you can before settling on any. Remember, chairs and sofas look better in darker, more textured tones.
· Buy from a Reputable Store- Always make sure you buy your log furniture from a well-known store. Not only should they have been in the business for a sufficient period of time, they should also possess in-depth knowledge of the wood and provide quality customer service. It is also a good idea to find a store that offers discounts and free shipping. However, one should be wary and not get lured by bogus companies offering great deals.
The internet is a great place to browse through various designs, sellers and deals on log furniture. But first, make sure the site you are buying from is secure and won’t dupe you. If you are buying from the internet, here are a few things you should keep in mind.
· It is usually cheaper to buy directly from the manufacturer. Stores and websites obviously have a mark-up on the original price.
· Don't let your decision be solely based on images you see on the internet. These images can very often be misleading and look very different in real life.
· Look for the yellow padlock icon on the web page of the site you are buying from. This is to ensure it is trustworthy and legal.
Finally, here are a few places in your home in which log furniture can be incorporated:
· Bedroom- Log furniture offers a great rustic appeal to any bedroom. Beds, night stands, mirrors, tables and a lot more, are available as beautiful log furniture that offers a good balance of function and aesthetics.
· Living Room- Incorporating one or multiple pieces of log furniture in your living room is a great idea. Besides looking great, it is very easy to maintain and very durable.
· Kitchen and Dining- There is a wide range of bar stools, kitchen cabinets, dining tables and bars available in log. These are designed to give your kitchen, the heart of your home, a warm, country feeling.